Today’s Higher Ed professionals often feel like dinosaurs, in comparison to their students, who are connected 24-7-365 to each other and just about everyone else via various social media tools and websites. Here are five resources on the web to help you get up to speed on social media.
- Social Media in Plain English on the CommonCraft show is an entertaining video that explains social media through the use of hand-drawn images and a story about people in a small town that love ice cream.
- 7 Tips for Sharing Articles on Twitter by the Interview Angel gives some great and simple techniques for getting read and re-tweeted.
- Are Social Networks making students more narcissistic? is a great article on USA Today from August 2009.
- What you shouldn’t (and should) worry about with social media on the Brand-Yourself blog is good advice for anyone on the basic etiquette of social media and its perils.
- 100 Tips, Tools and Resources for Teaching Students about Social Media from the TeachingDegree.Org blog is an awesome set of resources and links on all sorts of social media topics in education.